Thursday, December 16, 2010

Conversation Partner #2

I decided that my second meeting with Sujin should be a little more exciting than the TCU bookstore. After discovering she had a sweet tooth like yours truly, I decided to take her to a TCU classic, YO! No one can deny the pure awesomeness of frozen yogurt. As creepy as this sounds, I enjoyed watching Sujin trying to figure out what flavor of frozen yogurt to get. Sujin was like a little kid in a candy shop. She excitedly tried each and every flavor before making the epic decision. One of the qualities I truly love about Sujin is her ability to live life so fully, always with a sense of excitement. Sometimes we become so controlled by the norm that we forget about the beauty of the small things like ice cream or listening to music. Sujin lives life passionately and being around her made me appreciate things I usually don’t even think about, like the fact that they have out of this world chocolate sauce at YO or how beautiful the day is.

We sat down and began enjoying our frozen yogurt. Sujin brought me a travel pamphlet about Korea. I’ll tell you straight up that Korea wasn’t exactly my numero uno choice of travel. However, that began to change after she showed me some beautiful pictures of where she lived. She explained to me that she lived by the sea and the mountains. Heck! I just live on a blasted hill in Oklahoma! She told me about the city life of Korea as well and how it’s like New York or Chicago. I realized how typically narrow minded I was. There is a whole world out there to experience. I couldn’t help but wonder what other amazing places existed that I knew little about. Sujin was teaching me way more than I could ever teach her. She greatly inspired me to travel the world and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment